Apple Cider Brined Pork Chops
This delicious recipe for Apple Cider Brined Pork Chops pairs perfectly with Tatu Estates 2019 Shiraz.
- 4 Cup(s) Cold water
- 2 Cup(s) Apple cider
- 1/2 Cup(s) Pure maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup(s) Table salt
- 2 Pound(s) Bone-in pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick, trimmed
- Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon(s) McCormick® Grill Mates® Barbecue Rub
1. For the Brine, pour cold water, apple cider and syrup into large plastic or glass container, or 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Stir in salt until dissolved. Place pork chops in brine to cover. If necessary, place a plate on top of pork chops to keep them submerged. Cover container or seal bag.
2. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Remove pork chops from brine. Discard remaining brine. Rinse pork chops under cool running water. Pat dry. Brush pork chops lightly with oil. Rub with Barbecue Rub.
3. Grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until pork is desired doneness. Serve with grilled fruit, if desired.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.