Asian Chicken Wonton Cups with Vanilla Sauce
This delicious recipe for Asian Chicken Wonton Cups with Vanilla Sauce pairs perfectly with Albion 2019 Chardonnay.
12 (1 appetizer)
- 12 Wonton wrappers
- 1 Pound(s) Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Cup(s) Finely chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Basil Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cumin
- 3/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup(s) Fresh spinach, leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 Cup(s) Apricot jam
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Orange juice
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 6-cup muffin pans with no stick cooking spray. Press 1 wonton square into each cup. Lightly coat squares with cooking spray. Bake 7 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool in pan; remove and set aside.
2. Place chicken, onion, lemon juice, oil, soy sauce and seasonings in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate 15 minutes to marinate.
3. Heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture with marinade; cook 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in spinach; cook 1 minute. Drain liquid from pan. Fill baked wonton cups with chicken mixture. Set aside.
4. For the Vanilla Apricot Sauce, mix all ingredients in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until warm. Top chicken cups with a dollop of sauce.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.