Asian Quinoa Bowl with Steak and Bok Choy
This delicious recipe for Asian Quinoa Bowl with Steak and Bok Choy pairs perfectly with Cookie Cellars Biscotti.
- 3/4 Cup(s) Uncooked white quinoa
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Beef Stock
- 1/4 Cup(s) Finely chopped carrots
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Grated lime peel
- 1/4 Cup(s) Lime juice
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Thai bird’s eye chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoon(s) Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Ginger
- 1 Pound(s) Boneless New York strip steaks
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Oil
- 4 Heads baby bok choy, quartered
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Crushed peanuts
1. Rinse quinoa; drain well. Bring stock, quinoa and carrots to boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, mix lime peel, lime juice, sesame oil, cilantro, chilies, garlic, fish sauce, sugar and ginger in small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
3. Season steaks with desired amount of salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
4. Meanwhile, add bok choy to same skillet; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until tender-crisp.
5. To serve, toss cooked quinoa with 1/4 cup of the lime vinaigrette. Divide quinoa among 6 bowls. Top quinoa with sliced beef and bok choy. Drizzle with remaining lime vinaigrette. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.