Beef Medallions in Portobello Wine Sauce
This delicious recipe for Beef Medallions in Portobello Wine Sauce pairs perfectly with Glory Cellars 2017 Hero’s Blend.
- 1 Cup(s) Kitchen Basics® Original Beef Stock
- 1/2 Cup(s) Madeira wine Substitutions available
- 1 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 2 Large portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1 1/2 Pound(s) Beef tenderloin steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1/2 Medium onion, sliced
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Salt
1. Mix stock, wine, thyme, garlic powder and pepper in medium bowl until well blended. Add mushrooms; toss to coat well.
2. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once. Remove steaks from skillet; keep warm. Add onion to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes or until softened. Add flour and salt; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Pour mushroom mixture into skillet. Boil 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce is thickened and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Add steaks to sauce; heat 1 minute. Serve immediately.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.