This delicious recipe for Beef Pho pairs perfectly with Talmage Cellars “Father’s Day” Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cloves, divided
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/2 Pound(s) Boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Vegetable oil
- 1 Container (32 ounces) Kitchen Basics® Organic Beef Stock
- 2 Whole star anise
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- 2 Ounce(s) Thai Kitchen® Thin Rice Noodles
1. Mix brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of the cloves and sea salt in small bowl. Rub steak with seasoning mixture.
2. Heat oil in large Dutch oven or saucepan on medium-high heat. Sear steak on both sides until browned. Remove steaks from pan to cutting board.
3. Pour stock into pan, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in star anise and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon cloves. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in lime juice and fish sauce. Remove star anise before serving.
4. Meanwhile, cook rice noodles as directed on package. Divide among 4 shallow soup bowls. Cut beef across the grain into thin slices. Divide beef slices among the bowls. Pour seasoned stock (about 1 cup) into each bowl. Serve with fresh cilantro, bean sprouts, sliced red chilies and lime wedges, if desired.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.