Black Bean and Rice Stuffed Peppers with Jack Cheese
This delicious recipe for Black Bean and Rice Stuffed Peppers with Jack Cheese pairs perfectly with Dusk Firefly.
- 1 Pound(s) Spicy pork sausage
- 2 3/4 Cup(s) Water
- 1 Package Zatarain's® Black Beans & Rice Dinner Mix
- 4 Large bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Shredded Monterey Jack
1. Break up sausage in medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until cooked through. Drain fat; set aside. Add water to same saucepan; bring to boil. Stir in Rice Mix; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Add sausage to rice; mix well.
2. Meanwhile, cook peppers in boiling water in large saucepot 5 minutes or until just tender. Immediately place peppers in large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain well.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place peppers on foil-lined 13×9-inch baking pan. Spoon rice mixture into peppers. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
4. Bake 10 minutes or until rice mixture is heated through and cheese is melted.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.