This delicious recipe for Braised Chicken pairs perfectly with Suburban Fracas 2020 Tannat.
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Lawry's® Seasoned Salt
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Poultry Seasoning
- 3 1/2 Pound(s) Chicken parts
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Vegetable oil
- 2 Cup(s) Sliced onions
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Flour
- 2 Cup(s) Water
- 3 Pound(s) Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 McCormick® Bay Leaves
1. Mix seasoned salt and poultry seasoning in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly on chicken.
2. Heat oil in 5-quart saucepan or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add 1/2 of the chicken; brown on all sides. Repeat with remaining chicken. Remove chicken from pan. Set aside. Add onion to pan; cook and stir 3 minutes or until browned. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Gradually add water to saucepan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Return chicken to pan. Add sweet potatoes and bay leaves; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sweet potatoes are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.