Brazo Gitano (Spanish Cake Roll)
This delicious recipe for Brazo Gitano (Spanish Cake Roll) pairs perfectly with Suavé Bang.
- 1 Cup(s) Flour
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup(s) Granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoon(s) Water, divided
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Plus 2 teaspoons confectioners sugar, divided
- 1/2 Cup(s) Whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup(s) Packed cubed guava paste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Line pan with wax paper; butter paper. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Set aside. Beat eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until very thick. Gradually beat in granulated sugar, then 5 tablespoons of the water and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
2. Bake 14 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place clean kitchen towel on work surface; dust with 2 tablespoons of the confectioners’ sugar. Loosen cake around sides of pan with small knife. Turn out onto sugared towel, wax paper-side up. Fold 1 side of towel over short side of cake, then roll up cake jelly-roll style. Cool cake 15 minutes.
3. Place guava paste and remaining 1 tablespoon water in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir until guava paste is melted and smooth. Set aside. Unroll cake onto towel. Peel off wax paper. Spread cream cheese evenly over cake. Top with melted guava paste. Using towel, roll up cake and place seam-side down on serving platter. Sprinkle cake with remaining 2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.