Breakfast Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash
This delicious recipe for Breakfast Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash perfectly with Talmage Cellars “Mother’s Day” Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 1 Pound(s) Ground pork
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Plus 6 teaspoons Tasty Smoky Seasoning, divided
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Oil, (plus more, as needed for potatoes)
- 1 Pound(s) Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 Cup(s) Chopped onion
- 1 Medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Minced fresh garlic
- 1 Medium avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 Cup(s) Chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cook and stir pork and 4 teaspoons of the Seasoning in large skillet on medium-high heat 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove pork with slotted spoon. Do not drain drippings from skillet.
2. Add oil, sweet potatoes and 1 tablespoon of the Seasoning to skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Add an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil, as needed, to prevent potatoes from burning.
3. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and remaining 2 teaspoons of the Seasoning to skillet. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Return pork to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with avocado, tomatoes and cilantro just before serving. Serve with fried or poached eggs, if desired.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.