Cajeta Fruit and Nut Warm Brie
This delicious recipe for Cajeta Fruit and Nut Warm Brie pairs perfectly with Talmage Cellars “Merry & Bright” Semi-Seco Sparkling.
- 1 Cup(s) Goat milk
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Sugar
- 2 McCormick® Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Anise Seed
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Cajeta Sauce with Anise
- 1/4 Cup(s) Chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 Cup(s) Chopped dried dates
- 1 Round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Sliced almonds
1. For the Cajeta Sauce with Anise, bring all ingredients except vanilla to boil in 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven on medium-high heat, stirring frequently. (It is important to keep stirring to prevent mixture from boiling over.) Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half, coats the back of a spoon and is a deep brown caramel color. Carefully strain cajeta into medium heatproof bowl. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F. Mix dried fruit and 2 tablespoons Cajeta Sauce with Anise in small bowl.
3. Peel off top rind of Brie, leaving 1/4-inch edge. (Leave sides and bottom of Brie intact). Place in pie plate or ovenproof dish. Top with dried fruit mixture. Sprinkle with almonds.
4. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese softens. Place Brie on serving plate. Serve with apple slices, crackers or French bread slices.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.