Cast Iron-Grilled Italian Potatoes
This delicious recipe for Cast Iron-Grilled Italian Potatoes pairs perfectly with Halcyon 2018 Teroldego.
- 1 Pound(s) Ground mild Italian sausage
- 2 Yellow onions, finely chopped
- 2 Pound(s) Red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup(s) Kitchen Basics® Unsalted Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tablespoon(s) McCormick® Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 2 Cup(s) Tomato sauce
- 2 Cup(s) Shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Prepare grill for indirect high heat (450 to 550°F). Preheat grill by turning all burners to high. Turn off burner(s) on one side. Heat large cast iron skillet on lit side of grill. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove sausage with slotted spoon to a paper-towel lined plate to drain; set aside. Add onions; cook and stir until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add potatoes; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Mix stock, Seasoning, pepper, oregano, tomato sauce and browned sausage in large bowl. Pour mixture over the potatoes. Bring to boil. Move skillet to unlit side of grill. Cover pan or close grill. Cook 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Uncover and stir potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover pan or close grill again. Cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.