Cauliflower “Mac & Cheese”
This delicious recipe for Cauliflower “Mac & Cheese” pairs perfectly with Sunfish Mola Alexandrini.
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Butter, divided
- 1/2 Cup(s) Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 Cup(s) French's® Original Crispy Fried Onions, coarsely crushed
- 3/4 Cup(s) Plus 2 tablespoons shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 Cup(s) Plus 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper and Garlic All Purpose Seasoning, divided
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Flour
- 1 Cup(s) Heavy cream
- 3/4 Cup(s) Chicken stock
- 12 Cup(s) Cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets (about 2 medium heads)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in small microwave-safe bowl. Add panko, crispy fried onions, 2 tablespoons each of the Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of the Seasoning and parsley. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
2. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook and stir until golden brown, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in cream and stock.
3. Stir in cauliflower and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons Seasoning; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, about 13 to 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining cheese until melted and smooth. Spoon cauliflower into lightly greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle panko mixture evenly over top.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.