Chicken Mole Olé
This delicious recipe for Chicken Mole Olé pairs perfectly with Suavé Pop.
- 8 Bone-in chicken thighs, about 2 1/2 pounds
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Flour
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Hot Mexican Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 Cup(s) Sour cream
1. Coat chicken with flour. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside.
2. Stir onion and sweet potato into skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add chicken stock, cocoa, chili powder, cinnamon and salt. Bring to boil. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
3. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in sour cream. Serve over cooked rice, if desired.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.