Cinnamon Coffee Marinated Steak
This delicious recipe for Cinnamon Coffee Marinated Steak pairs perfectly with Talmage Cellars “Happy Holidays” Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Instant coffee
- 1/2 Cup(s) Boiling water
- 1/2 Cup(s) Firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon(s) McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoon(s) Sea Salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Pound(s) Boneless beef sirloin steak
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Sherry vinegar
- 1 Green onion, thinly sliced
- Bamboo skewers
1. Stir coffee and boiling water in medium bowl until coffee is dissolved. Add sugar, oil, cinnamon, sea salt, paprika and pepper; mix with wire whisk until well blended. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade for dipping sauce. Cut steak crosswise into 3-inch long by 1/2-inch wide strips. Place in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Pour remaining marinade over steak; turn to coat well.
2. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Meanwhile, mix reserved marinade with sherry vinegar and green onion to use as a dipping sauce. Set aside until ready to serve. Remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread steak in zigzag fashion onto skewers.
3. Grill over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Serve steak skewers with dipping sauce.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.