Couscous Salad with Chickpeas, Dates & Cinnamon
This delicious recipe for Couscous Salad with Chickpeas, Dates & Cinnamon pairs perfectly with Figurative 2022 Rosé Wine.
8 (1 1/3 Cups)
- 3 Green onions
- 7 Tablespoon(s) Olive oil, divided
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Chicken stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper, divided
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cayenne Red Pepper
- 1 Package (10 ounces) couscous
- 3 Tablespoon(s) White wine vinegar
- 3/4 Teaspoon(s) Salt, divided
- 1 Can (19 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Cup(s) Shredded carrots
- 1 Cup(s) (about 5 ounces) dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup(s) Pine nuts, toasted
1. Finely chop white part of green onions. Slice green parts; reserve for salad. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add white onion pieces; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in chicken stock, cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil. Add couscous; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Mix remaining 6 tablespoons oil, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
3. Fluff couscous with fork; spoon into large bowl. Add sliced green onions, chickpeas, carrots, dates, pine nuts, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper; toss lightly. Add vinaigrette; toss again. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.