Creamy Farro Risotto with Peas and Mushrooms
This delicious recipe for Creamy Farro Risotto with Peas and Mushrooms pairs perfectly with Ceres 2018 Symphony.
- 3/4 Cup(s) Farro
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Water
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1 Package (8 ounces) white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 3/4 Teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1 Cup(s) Dry white wine, divided
- 2 Cup(s) Creamy bean and vegetable stock
- 1 Cup(s) Frozen peas, thawed
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Toasted pine nuts
1. Place farro and water in small bowl; soak 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the soaking liquid.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt and thyme; cook and stir until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Add farro; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of the wine; cook and stir occasionally until liquid is absorbed.
3. Stirring constantly, add remaining 3/4 cup wine, reserved soaking liquid and bean stock, 1/2 cup at a time, until liquid is absorbed by farro after each addition. Stir in peas and cook until heated through. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.