Dried Fruit Phyllo Bites
This delicious recipe for Dried Fruit Phyllo Bites pairs perfectly with Figurative 2022 Allegory.
- 1/4 Cup(s) Honey
- 1/4 Cup(s) Sugar
- 1/4 Cup(s) Water
- 1/2 Cup(s) Chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 Cup(s) Chopped dried cherries
- 1/4 Cup(s) Chopped dates
- 1/2 Cup(s) Toasted chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Finely grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cloves
- 8 Sheets frozen phyllo, (12x17-inch), thawed
- 1/4 Cup(s) (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1. Mix honey, sugar and water in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 4 minutes or until sugar is melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in dried fruits, nuts, orange peel and spices. Simmer 3 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Let stand until completely cooled.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Unroll phyllo sheets. Place 1 phyllo sheet on clean work surface. Cover remaining phyllo with plastic wrap and damp kitchen towel to prevent drying. Brush phyllo with melted butter. Top with second sheet of phyllo and brush with butter. With wet hands, form 1/2 cup of dried fruit mixture into a log along one of the long sides of the phyllo, leaving a 1/4-inch edge of phyllo at the ends of the log. Roll up phyllo and dried fruit mixture into a long log. Fold in phyllo at ends of log to seal. Place on parchment paper or nonstick foil-lined baking sheet.
3. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets, butter and dried fruit mixture to form a total of 4 logs. Make several small slits on top of each log to allow steam to escape. Brush phyllo with remaining butter.
4. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Slice each log diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.