Dump-and-Bake Sausage Red Beans and Rice Casserole
This delicious recipe for Dump-and-Bake Sausage Red Beans and Rice Casserole pairs perfectly with Talmage Cellars “Home Sweet Home” Sweet T.
- 1 Package (14 ounces) Zatarain’s® Cajun Style Smoked Sausage
- 1/2 Cup(s) Diced onion
- 1 Green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 Cup(s) Diced celery
- 1 Package Zatarain's® Red Beans & Rice Dinner Mix
- 2 1/2 Cup(s) Water
- Sliced green onion, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl until completely combined. Pour into prepared baking dish
3. Cover tightly with foil and bake 50 minutes.
4. Remove foil, stir, and return to oven (uncovered) for 5 to 10 more minutes, or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
5. Fluff with a fork. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes. Garnish with green onion and/or parsley, and serve!
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.