Eastern Mediterranean Bolognese
This delicious recipe for Eastern Mediterranean Bolognese pairs perfectly with Fact Red Wine.
- 2 Packages (12 ounces each) cavatelli pasta
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Pound(s) Meat loaf mix, (ground beef, pork and veal)
- 1/3 Cup(s) Finely chopped white onion
- 1/4 Cup(s) Tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Paprika
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Mint
- 3/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup(s) Chopped cucumber
- 1 Cup(s) Chopped tomato
- 1/3 Cup(s) Torn mint leaves
- 1 Cup(s) Plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Water
- 1 Small clove garlic, minced
1. Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add meat loaf mix, onion, tomato paste, paprika, dried mint and red pepper; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until meat is browned. Add stock; simmer 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. Mix cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh mint in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside. Mix yogurt, water and garlic with whisk until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve bolognese over cavatelli. Top with yogurt sauce and cucumber tomato mixture.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.