Easy Hot Cross Buns
This delicious recipe for Easy Hot Cross Buns pairs perfectly with Talmage Cellars “Mother’s Day” 2016 California Merlot.
- 1 Package (8 count) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup(s) Raisins, divided
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 5 Tablespoon(s) Confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Gently stretch each biscuit into 4-inch circle. Mix cinnamon and brown sugar in small bowl. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon mixture and 1 tablespoon raisins over half of each biscuit. Fold over plain biscuit half onto raisin half. Fold again, pinching edges to seal. Gently shape into a ball. Repeat with remaining biscuits. Place buns in lightly greased 9-inch cake pan, evenly spacing them apart. Brush bun tops with beaten egg.
2. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove buns onto cooling rack; cool completely.
3. Mix confectioners’ sugar and water in small bowl. Spoon into small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small piece from one of the bottom corners of bag. Close bag tightly then pipe the shape of an X on top of each bun.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.