Gnudi (Ricotta and Spinach Dumplings)
This delicious recipe for Gnudi (Ricotta and Spinach Dumplings) perfectly with Cookie Cellars 2019 Sauvignon Blanc.
4 (1 cup)
- 3/4 Cup(s) Flour
- 4 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Tuscan Seasoning, divided
- 1/8 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 5 Ounce(s) Frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup(s) Whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 Cup(s) Finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 Cup(s) Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock 1 tablespoon butter
1. Mix flour, 3 1/2 teaspoons of the Seasoning and nutmeg in small bowl. Mix spinach, eggs, ricotta cheese and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese in large bowl. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. With wet hands, form 1 tablespoon of the mixture into a round dumpling. Lightly coat with additional flour. Place on large baking pan. Repeat with remaining mixture to form about 24 dumplings.
2. Bring stock, butter, 2 tablespoons of the remaining Parmesan cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Seasoning to simmer in large saucepan. Stir in lemon juice, if desired. Cover. Keep warm on low heat.
3. Bring large saucepot of lightly salted water to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook dumplings in batches about 2 minutes or until they float to the surface. Transfer dumplings with slotted spoon to saucepan with stock. Serve dumplings and stock mixture in shallow soup bowls. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.