Try this delicious Green Thumb cocktail with a sparkling wine. Find the perfect sparkling wine here.
- 1 Bottle of chilled sparkling wine
- 1/2 Cup(s) Sugar (or substitute with your favorite sweetene
- 1/2 Cup(s) Water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 Plums
- 6 Thyme sprigs (plus additional sprigs for garnish)
1. Make a thyme simple syrup by adding thyme sprigs, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Peel and chop 1 1/2 plums and muddle with the simple syrup and lemon juice.
3. Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker and pour an even amount over crushed ice in glasses.
4. Top off each glass with sparkling wine and garnish with extra plum slices and thyme sprigs.