Grown Up Granita
Try this delicious The Grown Up Granita cocktail with a red wine. Find the perfect red wine here.
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Bold red wine
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Apple juice
- 3/4 Cup(s) Orange juice
- 2 1/2 Cup(s) Frozen, thawed raspberries
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Orange zest
- Raspberries and blueberries for garnish
1. Smash thawed raspberries through a sieve and discard seeds. Stir raspberry purée, apple juice, orange juice, zest and wine and pour into an 8×8 baking dish or container.
2. Cover and freeze for four to six hours. Every one to two hours, rake the granita with a fork until firm, icy flakes form. Scoop into bowls or glasses and garnish with berries.
3. Serve alone or with a small amount of additional red wine poured on top, if preferred.