Holiday Herbed Prime Rib
This delicious recipe for Holiday Herbed Prime Rib pairs perfectly with Talmage Cellars “Happy Holidays” Cabernet Sauvignon Magnum.
- 3 Tablespoon(s) McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 3 Tablespoon(s) McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 2 Tablespoon(s) McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ground Pepper Black
- 1 Boneless beef rib roast, (about 9 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Set aside. Trim excess fat from top of beef, leaving a layer of fat about 1/4-inch thick. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush beef with oil. Sprinkle with salt. Coat with seasoning mixture.
2. Roast, uncovered, until internal temperature reaches 130°F for medium-rare (3 to 3 1/2 hours) or 140°F for medium (3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours). Cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes before carving. (The temperature of the meat will rise about 10°F during standing.) Serve with Creamy Horseradish Sauce and Perfect Brown Gravy, if desired.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.