Italian Sesame Goat Cheese Salad
This delicious recipe for Italian Sesame Goat Cheese Salad perfectly with Homage Cellars 2019 Pinot Grigio.
- 2 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Sesame Seed, Black
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 Logs (8 ounces) goat cheese, chèvre
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Sesame oil
- 1/4 Cup(s) Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon(s) White balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Mustard
- McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup(s) Roasted red peppers
- 1/3 Cup(s) Sliced canned artichoke hearts
- 1 Package (5 ounces) mixed baby salad greens
1. Toast seeds in small skillet on medium-high heat until fragrant. Place on shallow plate. Stir in bread crumbs. Brush goat cheese log with sesame oil. Roll in sesame seed mixture, coating well. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice goat cheese into 12 rounds, using serrated knife. Place on baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 2 minutes before placing on salad.
3. Meanwhile, mix oil, vinegar, garlic powder, ground mustard, and sea salt and pepper to taste in small bowl with wire whisk. Drizzle over salad greens in large bowl; toss to coat. Top with roasted peppers, artichoke hearts and cheese rounds.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.