Lemon Twist Rice Pudding
This delicious recipe for Lemon Twist Rice Pudding pairs perfectly with Tatu Estates 2019 Orange Muscat.
- 1/2 Preserved lemon
- 1/2 Cup(s) Short grain rice, such as Arborio, pearl or Valencia
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Water
- 1 Stick McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Saigon Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Quart(s) (4 cups) Milk
- 1/2 Cup(s) Sugar
- 2 McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Turkish Bay Leaves
1. Remove and discard pulp from preserved lemon. Rinse peel to remove excess salt. Finely chop peel (about 2 tablespoons). Set aside. Place rice, water and cinnamon stick in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, bring milk and sugar to simmer in large saucepan on medium heat. Stir in cooked rice with cinnamon stick and bay leaves. Cook 45 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy, stirring occasionally. Remove cinnamon stick and bay leaves. Stir in preserved lemon. Pour rice pudding into large bowl. (Pudding will thicken as it cools.) Place plastic wrap directly on surface of rice pudding. Cool slightly.
3. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight until well chilled.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.