Maple Apple Grilled Cheese
This delicious recipe for Maple Apple Grilled Cheese pairs perfectly with Dusk Firefly.
- 1/4 Cup(s) Maple syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Apple Pie Spice
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Butter
- 8 Slices whole wheat bread
- 8 Slices sharp Cheddar cheese , 1-ounce slices
- 1 Medium Golden Delicious apple, cored and cut into 16 thin slices
- 4 Slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
1. Mix maple syrup and apple pie spice. Set aside. Butter 1 side of each of the bread slices. Layer 2 slices of cheese and 4 slices of apple on each of 4 bread slices with buttered side down. Sprinkle with chopped bacon then drizzle with maple syrup mixture. Top with remaining bread slices with buttered side up.
2. Place sandwiches in large skillet or griddle on medium-low heat. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Cook in batches if necessary.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.