Mardi Gras Pan-Fried Oyster BLT
This delicious recipe for Mardi Gras Pan-Fried Oyster BLT pairs perfectly with Gemme Cellars Topazo.
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 24 Louisiana oysters, freshly shucked
- 4 Egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 Package Zatarain's® Seasoned Fish Fri
- 1 Cup(s) Grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) Minced fresh chives
- 8 Leaves Bibb lettuce
- 1 Loaf New Orleans-style French bread, cut into 4 (6-inch) pieces and lightly toasted
- 8 Slices applewood smoked bacon, crisply cooked
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Zatarain's® Creole Mustard Squeeze Bottle
1. Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375°F on medium heat.
2. Season oysters with salt and pepper. Dip into egg whites then coat in Fish-Fri.
3. Fry oysters in batches about 30 seconds or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
4. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Toss with olive oil, vinegar and chives. Spread bread with Creole mustard. Top with lettuce, tomato mixture, bacon and fried oysters.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.