Marinated Watermelon Caprese Skewers
This delicious recipe for Marinated Watermelon Caprese Skewers pairs perfectly with Dusk 2019 Rosé.
36 (1 skewer)
- 1 Package limited edition grill mates basil balsamic veggie marinade mix
- 1/4 Cup(s) Oil
- 1/4 Cup(s) Water
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Mini seedless watermelon, (about 10 pounds), cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1/2 Pound(s) Provolone, thinly sliced
- 6 Ounce(s) Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup(s) Blueberries
1. Mix Marinade Mix, oil, water and vinegar in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cut out star shapes from each watermelon slice with small star-shaped cookie cutter. Place in large resealable plastic bag. Add marinade; turn gently to coat well. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Remove watermelon from marinade. Reserve any remaining marinade. Cut each watermelon star in half crosswise to form 2 thinner stars.
4. To assemble each skewer, thread 1 blueberry, 1 thin watermelon star, 1 prosciutto slice, 1 cheese slice and another thin watermelon star onto a short wooden skewer or toothpick, pressing together to make a star-shaped watermelon sandwich. Drizzle skewers with reserved marinade, if desired.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.