Overnight Lemon Blueberry Muffin Casserole
This delicious recipe for Overnight Lemon Blueberry Muffin Casserole pairs perfectly with Talmage Cellars “Home Sweet Home” Semi-Seco Sparkling.
- 1/2 Cup(s) Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup(s) Flour
- 2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup(s) (1/2 stick) cold butter, cut into chunks
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup(s) Plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/4 Cup(s) Plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1 Package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon(s) McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 2 Cup(s) Blueberries, divided
1. For the Streusel Topping, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cover. Set aside until ready to assemble in the morning.
2. For the Casserole, mix eggs, 1 cup of the milk, 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar and cinnamon in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add bread cubes; toss gently to coat. Pour evenly into 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
3. Mix cream cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons each milk and sugar, and lemon extract in medium bowl until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the blueberries. Spread evenly on top of bread cubes. Top with remaining 1 cup blueberries. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Remove casserole from refrigerator. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cut butter into Streusel Topping mixture with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.