Pear and Cranberry Crumble Pie
This delicious recipe for Pear and Cranberry Crumble Pie pairs perfectly with Halcyon 2020 Chenin Blanc.
- 1 Refrigerated pie crust, (from 14.1-ounce package)
- 3/4 Cup(s) Granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ground Cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ground Allspice, divided
- 6 Firm ripe pears, cored, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 Cup(s) Dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup(s) Flour
- 1/4 Cup(s) Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup(s) (1/2 stick) cold butter, cut into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust pie using 9-inch pie plate.
2. Mix granulated sugar, cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon of the allspice in large bowl. Add pears and cranberries; toss to coat well. Spoon evenly into crust.
3. Mix flour, brown sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon allspice in small bowl. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle evenly over fruit in crust. Place pie on large baking sheet.
4. Bake 1 hour or until pears are tender and topping is lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.