Peppered Herb Beef Tenderloin with Gravy
This delicious recipe for Peppered Herb Beef Tenderloin with Gravy pairs perfectly with 2018 Artisan 5 Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 2 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Peppercorn Melange, coarsely cracked
- 1 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Mustard, Ground
- 1 Whole trimmed beef tenderloin, 5 to 6 pounds
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Butter
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Flour
- 2 Cup(s) Kitchen Basics® Original Beef Stock
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Mix seasonings in small bowl. Reserve 2 teaspoons for gravy. Rub remaining seasoning mixture on beef tenderloin. Place beef tenderloin on rack in foil-lined roasting pan, folding thin end under.
2. Roast 40 to 50 minutes or until beef tenderloin is desired doneness. Remove from oven. Let stand 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for the gravy, melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add flour and reserved seasoning mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in stock. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Slice beef tenderloin and serve with gravy
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.