Pork and Broccolini Stir Fry with Italian Style Xo Sauce
This delicious recipe for Pork and Broccolini Stir Fry with Italian Style Xo Sauce pairs perfectly with Terroir Cellars 2018 Zinfandel.
- 1 1/4 Pound(s) Pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Gourmet Garden™ Chunky Garlic Stir-In Paste
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon(s) Sea salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder (molinillo de sal marina), divided
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 Cup(s) Broccolini, trimmed and sliced diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup(s) Italian-Style XO Sauce
- 2 Cup(s) Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Stock
- 2 Cup(s) Milk
- 1 Cup(s) Instant polenta
- 1 Cup(s) Shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Butter
1. Place pork in large bowl. Add garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the sea salt, pepper and vinegar; toss to coat well. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet on high heat. Add pork; brown on all sides. Remove pork from skillet. Set aside.
2. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet until shimmering. Add broccolini; stir-fry until tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in XO Sauce, tossing to coat broccolini. Return pork to pan; cook and stir until heated through.
3. Meanwhile, for the Polenta, bring stock, milk and remaining 1 teaspoon of the sea salt to boil in large saucepan. Whisking constantly, add polenta in thin stream. Reduce heat to low; stirring constantly, simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and butter. Serve pork and broccolini over Polenta with additional XO Sauce. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
4. XO sauce, the iconic condiment, was first created in Hong Kong. Meant to impress, it is known to be a luxury blend typically made with dried shrimp and scallops, Chinese dry-cured ham, garlic and various chiles. The ingredients, combined in a base of oil, create an intense sweet, salty, rich umami flavor.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.