Pork Chops with Harvest Rice Pilaf
This delicious recipe for Pork Chops with Harvest Rice Pilaf pairs perfectly with Elance Cellars Reserve Cuvée.
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) Ground black pepper
- 4 Bone-in pork chops, 1/2-inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Oil
- 1 Cup(s) Apple juice
- 1 Cup(s) Water
- 1 Package ZATARAIN'S® Rice Pilaf
- 1/2 Cup(s) Chopped apple
- 1/2 Cup(s) Dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup(s) Chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup(s) Chopped pecans
1. Mix paprika, thyme and pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly on both sides of pork chops. Heat oil in nonstick large skillet on medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 3 to 5 minutes per side or until pork is cooked through. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
2. Stir apple juice, water, Rice Mix, apple, cranberries, onion and pecans into skillet. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Place pork over rice mixture. Cover. Cook 5 minutes longer or until most of the water is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.