Prime Rib au Poivre
This delicious recipe for Prime Rib au Poivre pairs perfectly with Albion 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 1 Boneless beef rib roast, about 4 to 6 pounds
- 2 Tablespoon(s) French's® Dijon Mustard Squeeze Bottle
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Peppercorn Melange, coarsely cracked
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Trim excess fat from top of beef, leaving a layer of fat about 1/4-inch thick. Place meat on rack in shallow roasting pan. Mix mustard and garlic in small bowl; spread over top of beef. Sprinkle cracked peppercorns over mustard mixture
2. Roast, uncovered, until internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium-rare (1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours) or 150°F for medium (2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours). Cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes before carving. (The temperature of the meat will rise about 10° during standing)
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.