Puff Pastry Turkey Pot Pies
This delicious recipe for Puff Pastry Turkey Pot Pies pairs perfectly with Credia 2018 Merlot.
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Butter
- 3 Medium carrots, chopped
- 2 Ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1/4 Cup(s) Flour
- 2 Cup(s) Kitchen Basics® Original Turkey Stock
- 1/2 Cup(s) Half-and-half
- 1 Cup(s) Frozen peas
- 1 Cup(s) Frozen pearl onions
- 1 Sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (1/2 of 17.3 ounce package)
- 3 Cup(s) Coarsely shredded cooked turkey
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add carrots, celery, garlic, salt, thyme and pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir 1 minute.
2. Gradually add stock, stirring with whisk until smooth. Bring to boil. Stir in peas and onions. Return to boil. Add turkey and half and half. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
3. Ladle turkey mixture evenly into 6 (2-cup) ovenproof bowls. Cut puff pastry into 6 pieces. Top each pot pie with 1 piece of puff pastry. Place bowls on baking sheet or in baking dish.
4. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown and turkey mixture is bubbling. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.