Red Velvet Raspberry Truffles
This delicious recipe for Red Velvet Raspberry Truffles pairs perfectly with Talmage Cellars With Love 2017 Lodi Cabernet Sauvignon.
12 (2 truffles)
- 1 Pound(s) Semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 4 Ounce(s) (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 Cup(s) Confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tablespoon(s) McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Raspberry Extract
1. Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate as directed on package. Beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, food color and raspberry flavor in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Add melted chocolate; beat until well mixed. Cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firm.
2. Shape into 24 (about 3/4-inch) balls. Place on wax paper-lined tray. Refrigerate until ready to dip.
3. Coat only 12 truffles at a time. Melt 4 ounces of the remaining chocolate in small microwavable bowl on MEDIUM (50% power) 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Using a fork, dip 1 truffle at a time into the chocolate. Tap back of fork 2 or 3 times against edge of dish to allow excess chocolate to drip off. Place truffles on wax paper-lined tray. (If there are any “bald” spots on truffle, cover with melted chocolate that remains on the fork.) Repeat with remaining 4 ounces chocolate and remaining truffles.
4. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Store truffles between layers of wax paper in airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.