Roasted Turkey with Smoked Paprika
This delicious recipe for Roasted Turkey with Smoked Paprika pairs perfectly with Fact Red Wine.
- 2 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Paprika, Smoked
- 2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Mustard, Ground
- 1 Whole turkey, 12 to 14 pounds, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 2 Ribs celery
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 1 Orange, quartered
- 2 McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Bay Leaves, Turkish
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup(s) Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Stock
- Place oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 325°F. Place roasting rack in shallow roasting pan. Mix first 6 ingredients in small bowl.
- Place turkey, breast-side up, in prepared pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mixture inside turkey. Stuff with celery, onion, orange and bay leaves. Brush turkey breast with oil. Spread remaining seasoning mixture over entire surface and under skin of turkey. Add stock to pan; cover loosely with heavy duty foil.
- Roast 1 hour. Remove foil. Roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours longer or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (175°F in thigh), basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove turkey from oven. Let stand 20 minutes. Transfer to platter or carving board and slice. Reserve pan juices to make gravy or to serve with turkey.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.