Savory Turkey Sausage and Lentil Soup
This delicious recipe for Savory Turkey Sausage and Lentil Soup pairs perfectly with the Talmage Cellars 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 2 Cup(s) Chopped onions
- 1 Cup(s) Diced celery
- 4 Ounce(s) Turkey kielbasa, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Red Pepper, Crushed
- 4 Cup(s) Reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 Can (14 1/2 oz.) no salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Cup(s) Red or brown lentils, picked over & rinsed
- 1 Package (5 oz.) baby spinach leaves
1. Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add kielbasa; cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until kielbasa is lightly browned and vegetables are softened. Stir in thyme, garlic powder, paprika and red pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes or until fragrant.
2. Stir in broth, tomatoes and lentils. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until lentils are tender.
3. Stir in spinach. Simmer until wilted. Ladle into soup bowls to serve.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.