Shawarma Lamb Meatballs
This delicious recipe for Shawarma Lamb Meatballs pairs perfectly with Terroir Cellars 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 1 Pound(s) Ground lamb
- 1 Egg yolk
- 3 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Shawarma, divided
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Sicilian sea salt
- 1 Cup(s) Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Large seedless cucumber, grated
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Fresh lemon juice
- Pita bread, optional
- Sliced red onion, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix lamb, egg yolk, 3 teaspoons of the Shawarma Seasoning, parsley, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Shape into 1 1/2-inch meatballs (about 15). Arrange on shallow baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
2. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, mix yogurt, grated cucumber, lemon juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Seasoning in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Serve meatballs with tzatziki sauce on pita bread, if desired. Garnish with red onions and parsley, if desired.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.