Skillet Apple Tart with Brown Butter Caramel
This delicious recipe for Skillet Apple Tart with Brown Butter Caramel pairs perfectly with Royal Mama Mimi’s Blend.
- 1 Sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (1/2 of 17.3 ounce package)
- 3 Apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1/4 Cup(s) Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Roasted Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Heavy cream
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place puff pastry on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cut 4 (3/4-inch) strips evenly around the puff pastry with small knife. Place strips on the edges to form a frame. Prick inside of pastry all over with fork.
2. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack.
3. Meanwhile, toss apples with sugar, roasted cinnamon and nutmeg. Heat butter in large skillet on medium-high heat until it begins to brown. Add apple mixture; cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until apples are tender, turning occasionally. Remove apples with slotted spoon to puff pastry, arranging apple slices in rows.
4. Cook sugar mixture remaining in skillet on medium heat until it begins to bubble. Add cream; cook and stir until bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Spoon caramel mixture over apples. Serve warm.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.