Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
This delicious recipe for Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas pairs perfectly with Panache Lane Bodacious.
- 2 Packages McCormick® Enchilada Sauce Mix
- 3 1/2 Cup(s) Milk
- 1 Cup(s) Sour cream
- 1 Can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Oil, divided
- 1 Pound(s) Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 Medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 10 Flour or corn tortillas (8-inch)
- 2 Cup(s) Shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Stir Sauce Mix and milk in a medium saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and chiles; set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 10 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to skillet. Stir in 1/2 cup of the sauce.
3. Spread 1/2 cup of sauce in lightly greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Heat tortillas as directed on package. Divide the chicken mixture evenly among each tortilla. Fold over tortillas sides; place seam-side down in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.