Spiced Chocolate Macaroons
This delicious recipe for Spiced Chocolate Macaroons pairs perfectly with the le Cadeau Rosé Sparkling Wine.
- 8 Ounce(s) (1 1/2 cups) Blanched almonds
- 1 1/4 Cup(s) Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cinnamon, Saigon, Ground
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cloves, Ground
- 4 Ounce(s) Unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Kirsch
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Place almonds, 1 cup of the sugar, cinnamon and cloves in food processor; cover. Process just until nuts are finely ground. Add chocolate; cover. Process until chocolate is finely grated, but not melted. Add egg whites and kirsch; cover. Process just until dough clings together.
3. Place remaining 1/4 cup sugar in small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls (dough will be sticky). Roll balls in sugar to coat. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using the bottom of a glass, flatten balls to about 1/4-inch thickness.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set but centers remain moist. Do not overbake. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.