Spicy Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini
This delicious recipe for Spicy Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini pairs perfectly with Suburban Fracas 2019 Tannat.
- 1 Head cauliflower (about 2 1/4 lbs.), leaves intact
- 1/2 Cup(s) Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Ground turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Sweet paprika
- 4 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Jalapeño, stemmed, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 1/2 Cup(s) Tahini
- Cilantro leaves, to garnish
1. Heat the oven to 400°. On a cutting board, quarter the cauliflower, leaving the core and leaves intact. Transfer the quarters to a large bowl and rub with the olive oil, salt, turmeric, paprika, garlic, and jalapeño. Arrange the cauliflower on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast until tender at the core and lightly browned on the outside, about 45 minutes. Heat the broiler and broil the cauliflower until lightly charred on the top, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Remove the cauliflower from the broiler and transfer to a serving dish. Squeeze the lemon halves over the cauliflower, covering them in the juice, and drizzle with the tahini. Garnish the cauliflower with cilantro and serve while hot.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Saveur.