Steamed Pork Dumplings with Soy Ginger Sauce
This delicious recipe for Steamed Pork Dumplings with Soy Ginger Sauce pairs perfectly with Sun Fish 2018 Pinot Noir.
- 1/4 Cup(s) Rice vinegar
- 1/4 Cup(s) Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Honey
- 2 Teaspoon(s) Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Sesame oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Global Selects White Pepper from Malaysia
- 3 Cup(s) Shredded Napa cabbage, (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 Pound(s) Ground pork
- 1/4 Cup(s) Thinly sliced green onion
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Global Selects White Pepper from Malaysia
- 1 Large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Package (12 ounces) round dumpling wrappers, (about 40)
1. For the Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce, mix all ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Toss cabbage with salt in a large bowl and let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly softened. Drain cabbage, squeezing to drain excess liquid into bowl. Transfer cabbage into a separate clean bowl.
3. Add pork, green onion, soy sauce, ginger, White Pepper, and egg to bowl with cabbage, stirring to mix well.
4. To form dumplings, place about 1/2 tablespoon of filling in center of each wrapper. Moisten edge of wrapper with water. Fold in half to form a half moon shape, pressing edges together to seal. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and cover with a damp paper towel to keep dumplings moist until ready to steam.
5. To cook the dumplings, pour 1 inch of water into large pot. Bring to boil. Line a steamer basket with parchment paper. Place some of the dumplings in single layer in steamer basket. Insert steamer basket in pot. Cover. Steam on medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining dumplings, adding more water as needed.
6. Serve warm with Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce on the side. Sprinkle with additional chopped green onions, if desired.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.