Sugar Cookie Thumbprints With Spiced Jam
This delicious recipe for Sugar Cookie Thumbprints With Spiced Jam pairs perfectly with Alegre Zero-Alcohol Sparkling Juice.
27 (2 cookies)
- 3 Cup(s) Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 Cup(s) (2 sticks) Butter, softened
- 1 Cup(s) Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Heavy cream
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup(s) Berry jam, such as strawberry, raspberry or blueberry
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup(s) Apricot or peach preserves or orange marmalade
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ground Ginger
1. For the Sugar Cookies, mix flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, cream and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until firm.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. For the Spiced Jams, mix berry jam with cinnamon in small bowl until well blended. Mix apricot or peach preserves or orange marmalade with ginger in another small bowl. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place on baking sheets. Use a measuring teaspoon to make an indentation in center of each cookie. Fill each with 1/2 teaspoon of the spiced jam.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.