Sweet & Sour Chicken Quesadillas
This delicious recipe for Sweet & Sour Chicken Quesadillas pairs perfectly with Table White Wine.
12 (1/2 quesadilla)
- 1 Can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits in juice
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Rice vinegar
- 2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Cornstarch
- 4 Tablespoon(s) Vegetable oil, divided
- 1 Pound(s) Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 Cup(s) Chopped onion
- 1 Cup(s) Chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 Cup(s) Chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Cup(s) Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 6 Burrito-size flour tortillas, 10 inches
1. Drain pineapple, reserving all the juice in small bowl. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic powder, ginger and cornstarch to bowl; stir until smooth. Set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir fry 5 minutes until browned. Remove from skillet. Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in skillet. Add onion and bell pepper; stir fry 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
2. Stir soy sauce mixture. Add to skillet; stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and boil 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thickened. Add chicken and pineapple; stir fry 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon sweet & sour chicken into large bowl. Stir in cilantro. Set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
3. For each quesadilla, sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over half of 1 tortilla. Layer with 2/3 cup sweet & sour chicken and additional 1/4 cup cheese. Fold over. Heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil in same skillet on medium heat. Add 1 quesadilla; cook 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining quesadillas and oil. Cut quesadillas into wedges.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.