The Spicy Pear
This delicious recipe for The Spicy Pear pairs perfectly with a white wine. Find the perfect wine here.
- 1 Bottle of dry, fruity white wine
- 2-4 Tablespoon(s) Honey or your favorite sweetener, to taste
- 5 Cardamon pods
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 Star anise
- 2 Slices of ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Whole black peppercorns
- 2 Pears, cored and thinly sliced
- Ground cinnamon, sugar, additional star anise & cinnamon sticks (optional)
1. In a pot over the lowest heat setting, warm the wine, honey, spices and 1 pear (thinly sliced).
2. Continue to warm the wine on the lowest heat setting for about 30 minutes, covered. Strain and serve warm.
Optional: Moisten rims of glasses in water and dip into cinnamon sugar mixture lightly to coat. Garnish with fresh slices of remaining pear, star anise and cinnamon sticks.