Tuscan Beef Stew with Mushrooms
This delicious recipe for Tuscan Beef Stew with Mushrooms pairs perfectly with Elance Cellars 2017 Reserve Cuvée.
- 2 Pound(s) Beef stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 Tablespoon(s) Flour, divided
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 ounces) Baby carrots
- 1 (16 ounces) Cremini mushrooms, (baby bella) quartered
- 1/2 Pound(s) Small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 Medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet Garlic Powder California
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet Rosemary, Crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 2 McCormick Gourmet Bay Leaves, Turkish
- 2 Cup(s) Kitchen Basics® Unsalted Beef Stock
- 1 Can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
1. Coat beef with 2 tablespoons of the flour. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in 5-quart Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add beef in batches; cook until browned on all sides. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil as needed. Return beef to Dutch oven.
2. Stir in carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, onion and seasonings. Mix stock and remaining 2 tablespoons flour until blended. Add to Dutch oven along with tomatoes.
3. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.