Valentine Chocolate Chip Scones
This delicious recipe for Valentine Chocolate Chip Scones pairs perfectly with Fleur Bleu 2020 Black Muscat.
8 (1 scone)
- 2 Cup(s) Flour
- 1/4 Cup(s) Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon(s) Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Salt
- 6 Tablespoon(s) (3/4 stick) cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 Cup(s) Miniature chocolate chips
- 3/4 Cup(s) Plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream, divided 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Red Food Color
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in chocolate chips.
2. Mix 3/4 cup of the cream, egg, vanilla and food color in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add to flour mixture; stir until a soft dough forms.
3. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Pat into an 8-inch circle. Cut out heart shapes with 2 1/2- to 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Gather scraps and cut out additional heart shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining 1 tablespoon cream.
4. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown, rotating baking sheet halfway through cook time. Cool slightly on wire rack.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.